Know What’s Going On In A Child’s Mind๐Ÿ‘ถ

If you have seen any Indian movie you will find loads of singing and dancing (around the tree, behind the tree). As a matter of fact, they can start off anywhere. It can really be hilarious at times but you cannot complete a Bollywood movie without them. Movies teach us a lot. Right? But how much does the mind grabs is totally up to us.

Flashback to the time when I was small and innocent. I have been a movie buff since then. (You know how much I am serially melodramatic). Yes, I learned it from all the movies. I love Hollywood, Bollywood and Korean movies to be precise. Obviously with English subtitles. But that’s not the point. The point is what I as a child used to think of movies then. It is slightly embarrassing and childish but bear with me.

Welcome to the thoughts of my younger version of the brain :

1. The movie is a one-take show. No cuts and no pack up. All goes smoothly and the actors deliver the movie like a pro. Just like that.
  2. Remember your favorite song? Yes, I believed it was sung by the actor himself and that too live (not just lip-sync). I don’t know why but I always could relate their voices and I swear it sounded so alike. Not to forget the dancing that came as a package with the song.
  3. The above two reasons made me admire them so much that once I came to know the real truth I was a bit disheartened. It was like my whole childhood had been a lie!!! (Thank god!!! At least Santa exists) ๐Ÿ˜‰
  4. Now, this is funny. During the birth of a child in a movie, it would show the pregnant lady lying in bed, crying hysterically in pain and suddenly there would be a crying baby beside her. I would be confused but I assumed that was the process. I actually believed the baby would just somehow appear and the tummy would reduce. As simple as that.ย If cupid could make two people fall in love, I was sure he would be able to slide the baby beside too. Right? Such good old days when I didn’t really know how a child was born and then I studied biology and that horrified me to bits. My way of analogy was much better. Don’t you think so?
  5. I have more to offer but I think I will leave it here. It will take some time to digest these facts.

Wow!!! Coming to think of it, “I was pretty lame as a child.” I really lived in my fancy world. Didn’t I? (which I had created and loved immensely though.)

I am sure kids nowadays are a lot smarter. So all these do not imply to what all the kids might be thinking. But this is what I thought. What about you?

Do you have any lame story as a kid or do you remember any instance where you applied your logic but somehow that didn’t turn out to be true in the real world? Let me know if you’re a movie buff too and if you fell for any of the crap that the movie showed. I guess that was the innocence of our age. Everything seemed so easy, so simple and so pure.

PS: Come on!!! Don’t make me feel like I was the only lame kid around with such thoughts.๐Ÿ™ˆ

I Heart You All โค

Feel free to share and re-blog if you like my posts. You can connect with me on Instagram: @alwaysmissbindasย and Twitter: Missbindas

1. indishe says:

Your story is one we all can relate to.
    For when there was no Google, all X info came from snippets eavesdropped on. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

1. Haha great you could relate to my story ๐Ÿ˜‚

2. She says:

test comment

3. She says:

sorry having issues with wordpress

1. Hey no problem. We all face such issues sometime or the other. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you leave a comment and don’t see it post, I would recommend contacting the author of the post you comment on. Your comments might be going to their Spam folders. Happens to all of us.

1. She says:

Thank you. Great advice. Gonna do that now! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. rita says:

Ha Ha ! I had some similar misconception about point 4 regarding child birth ..And was agast when I learnt of the reality ..And still wish God would arrange some other process .๐Ÿ˜

1. Again a wishful thinking ๐Ÿ˜€ Glad that you’re on board with me. Pheww!!!

5. witasarmah says:

I proudly announce I was equally lame…I was more but not less.. remembering them is so embarrassing….But we were innocent sweet little things…..๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

1. We definitely got past the time by saying we were innocent sweet little things. ๐Ÿ˜‚ But I guess we were great. We now have got something to remember and laugh at. ๐Ÿ˜€

1. witasarmah says:

I agree whole heartedly

6. witasarmah says:

And I forgot to mention the absence of Google, fb, Twitter, mobiles, DTH……..We are justified..lol

1. Fully justified. haha ๐Ÿ˜‚ So glad that I am not the only one ๐Ÿ˜›

Lol! Yes I remember thinking the same about child birth! How easy I thought it was… my dreams were shattered! X

1. That moment When the truth finally descends upon you. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Some dreams can remain just dreams it seems.

8. Ayesha says:

Such a refreshing read.. Took me back to my childhood… ๐Ÿ˜€

1. I feel glad that I could bring back your childhood somehow๐Ÿค—

Not lame at all. I’m right there with you. And you know what? I think it’s a good thing. Having known the REAL story behind it would disillusion us and it wouldn’t be as much fun anymore.

1. I agree. That’s the essence of childhood that shouldn’t be lost. It’s this purity and ignorance that adds on to the fun later on remembering the incidents. Glad that I am not alone โ˜บ๏ธ

10. I feel for pretty much everything I saw in a movie! (Sometimes still want to ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Count me in. After all there is a bit of child in us. So I guess that makes us fall for everything shown in movies. Even nowโ˜บ๏ธ

11. zahthinks says:

If you call yourself a lame child. I am really your partner in the lame team.. ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Yay.. High five โœ‹ Welcome to the team ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Thank you for re-blogging โ˜บ๏ธ

12. Oshmita Mukherjee says:

Heyyy!!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜€ I have nominated you for the 3 Days Quote Challenge on my blog. Hope you don’t mind that. ๐Ÿ’• If you are interested in taking part,do check out the rules of the challenge here, https://wp.me/p8yMIF-9P.Would love reading them.๐Ÿ’•

13. Oshmita Mukherjee says:

Heyyy!! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜€I have nominated you for the 3 Days Quote Challenge on my blog. Hope you don’t mind that.๐Ÿ’• If you are interested in taking part, do check out for the rules of the challenge here, https://wp.me/p8yMIF-9P. Would love reading them๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’Ÿ

Hahaha! This was a fun read! ๐Ÿ˜€
    As a child, I thought I could get inside the television and join the show. I also couldn’t figure out how a baby born in a movie or series grows up to be 12 then 18 years old in just a few minutes! (Stupid me!) I also thought I could be a dinosaur and scare people.

1. Oh Yes! I too thought that the actors were inside the box and if I go behind the TV I can get inside. Never did it work out though ๐Ÿ˜‚
      I can’t help but wonder why Dinosaur?๐Ÿ˜‚
      That’s the best part about our childhood. Such crazy imaginations๐Ÿ™ˆ

I’ve always been amazed of dinosaurs! ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. That’s really cool in fact. I am just glad you didn’t turn into an actual dinosaur and scare me out๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

Hahaha! Luckily! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿฆ–

15. Winnie says:

I love Bollywood movies too with the dancing and singing ๐Ÿ˜Š.

1. Wow that’s really great. Though I wouldn’t recommend the previous eras movie dances. They were hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Winnie says:

But I love them ๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Really??? Wow ๐Ÿ˜‚
          I watch them to get a good laugh sometimes ๐Ÿ˜‹

1. Winnie says:

What I mean is I love the entertainment they give ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„.

1. Haha now I get you๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜€

1. Winnie says:

๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‡

16. I use to love Shirley Temple movies when I was in primary school and now that I know more about the industry and how directors use to treat children and young actresses these movies don’t seem so wholesome anymore. It also took me years to realise Breakfast at Tiffanys was about a call girl lol

When I was a child I thought that magic carpet is real so I would put down our towel and command it to fly. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I also thought that you can eat snow. I remembered watching anime/cartoons where they get snow and place it on a cup and put some different flavours on it. ๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Haha, trying to be Alladin and Jasmine ๐Ÿ˜€ Only if it were to be true. That would be so much fun!!!
      You could definitely try out the snow thing though and let me know how it tastes ๐Ÿ˜‚

I don’t know about the snow thing.. it might taste funny.. ๐Ÿ˜‚

1. I am already imagining ๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜‚ I don’t know if you’re familiar with Doraemon. If he’s here, I will go inside his pocket so I can go in North pole.

1. Turns out I am familiar with Doraemon and that’s a clever approach I must say ๐Ÿ˜‚

High five! I like Doraemon. There’s another one. Mojacko โค๏ธ

1. We have so much in common. Do you like Shinchan? I guess the cartoon characters really light up our dull lives. ๐Ÿ˜€

Gosh that character who puts out his butt. ๐Ÿ˜‚ We used t watch that on my aunt’s house when we come for a visit. She will turn off the tv and said, it’s not a good program. ๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Hahaha but that was one hell of a series. It just brought back memories when you wrote about him putting out his butt. He did that a lot. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yeah ๐Ÿ˜‚

18. shoniessky says:

I’m a complete movie buff, it’s my true peace I love it.. omg I don’t think there’s many movies I haven’t seen. From 1930’s to present. Far as a kid and logic hmm there’s many but to pick one it would be i though we all really got to meet our Prince on a white horse LITERALLY ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I was so upset with my mother. I was like the betrayal ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I truly enjoyed reading back at this

1. Haha the dreams that we have as a child and what we imagine in our fairy world. I loved the innocence of our age. If we kind of think now, our whole childhood was a lie๐Ÿ˜‚ but we still love it๐Ÿ˜€
      I am so glad that you enjoyed reading this๐Ÿ˜

19. shoniessky says:

Lol @our whole childhood was a lie ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Haha looks like so๐Ÿ˜‚

20. vicklea says:

When I was 12, my mom told me that I needed to make a birthday cake for my father. So, I asked for instructions since I had never cooked before. Nothing! Anyway, she told me just to follow the directions on the box. So, I did. It said three whole eggs so thatโ€™s what I put into the mixing bowl. Later, when we were celebrating daddyโ€™s birthday with the cake that I had made, daddy asked me if I had put nuts into it because it was a โ€œlittle crunchy.โ€

1. This is hilarious. I couldn’t stop laughing reading this. Did they all finish the cake BTW?๐Ÿ˜‚ I love how the mind of a kid functions. So innocent and playful.

1. vicklea says:

They did eat the cake, except for my mom who was fuming that I had messed up something so simple.

1. I can totally imagine๐Ÿ˜†

Aha! I knew I read this one before!

1. Yesss this one happened by mistake๐Ÿ™ˆ I was trying to edit and make it a better version. ๐Ÿ˜‚ But I uploaded a new post just now.๐Ÿ˜Š

22. librepaley says:

Wish my childhood memories were as lucid as this.

1. I can vaguely remember some of them too ๐Ÿคฉ