If you have seen any Indian movie you will find loads of singing and dancing (around the tree, behind the tree). As a matter of fact, they can start off anywhere. It can really be hilarious at times but you cannot complete a Bollywood movie without them. Movies teach us a lot. Right? But how much does the mind grabs is totally up to us.
Flashback to the time when I was small and innocent. I have been a movie buff since then. (You know how much I am serially melodramatic). Yes, I learned it from all the movies. I love Hollywood, Bollywood and Korean movies to be precise. Obviously with English subtitles. But that’s not the point. The point is what I as a child used to think of movies then. It is slightly embarrassing and childish but bear with me.
Welcome to the thoughts of my younger version of the brain :
- The movie is a one-take show. No cuts and no pack up. All goes smoothly and the actors deliver the movie like a pro. Just like that.
- Remember your favorite song? Yes, I believed it was sung by the actor himself and that too live (not just lip-sync). I don’t know why but I always could relate their voices and I swear it sounded so alike. Not to forget the dancing that came as a package with the song.
- The above two reasons made me admire them so much that once I came to know the real truth I was a bit disheartened. It was like my whole childhood had been a lie!!! (Thank god!!! At least Santa exists) 😉
- Now, this is funny. During the birth of a child in a movie, it would show the pregnant lady lying in bed, crying hysterically in pain and suddenly there would be a crying baby beside her. I would be confused but I assumed that was the process. I actually believed the baby would just somehow appear and the tummy would reduce. As simple as that. If cupid could make two people fall in love, I was sure he would be able to slide the baby beside too. Right? Such good old days when I didn’t really know how a child was born and then I studied biology and that horrified me to bits. My way of analogy was much better. Don’t you think so?
- I have more to offer but I think I will leave it here. It will take some time to digest these facts.
Wow!!! Coming to think of it, “I was pretty lame as a child.” I really lived in my fancy world. Didn’t I? (which I had created and loved immensely though.)
I am sure kids nowadays are a lot smarter. So all these do not imply to what all the kids might be thinking. But this is what I thought. What about you?
Do you have any lame story as a kid or do you remember any instance where you applied your logic but somehow that didn’t turn out to be true in the real world? Let me know if you’re a movie buff too and if you fell for any of the crap that the movie showed. I guess that was the innocence of our age. Everything seemed so easy, so simple and so pure.
PS: Come on!!! Don’t make me feel like I was the only lame kid around with such thoughts.🙈
I Heart You All <3