Why Women Prefer To Do Their Own Work?

This post was originally published on (3rd April 2018) by Head Full Of Dreams (that’s me) 😛 and I thought it would be perfect for Women’s Day today. 🙂 Enjoy!

The other day my mom told my dad to set the table. She was sleepy and dad assured her he would take care of everything. After a while he called out everybody to join for dinner. I came from my room and there it was. The best dinner set up that I(read mom) could have ever asked for. Do you want to join us for dinner?

img_20180403_1140521246788375.jpg
You expected a fancy dinner? You ain’t getting one. But Call us if you have a fancy dinner spread out. I would love to join!!!

I think there is a reason why mom never asks dad to help her. In my dad’s defense, he did say : An apple a day keeps the doctor away!!! Right now mom is keeping him away from the kitchen.😂

It’s been ages since women dealt with household work and wouldn’t want men to interfere in between. Men would go out to earn and women would stay back and make the house suitable enough to call it a Home. The wife doesn’t really want any help from her husband (More so because even if their hubby’s intention is pure and they really want to help, they end up messing up and increasing the wife’s workload). Thankfully the notion has changed right now and both men and women work so that they can lead an independent life and it is their personal choice of what they want to pursue. That said, I do acknowledge the fact that nowadays even men actively take part in household activities which is great.

However, Playing an underdog here are the Housewives/homemakers. To begin with it is a very prestigious job in itself because that requires more patience than any other job. Also knowing the fact that you won’t get any salary at the end of the month, I bet none of us would be willing to take up the job in the first place itself. I know for a fact, I work because I get paid. I guess the same implies for all of us. We wouldn’t be working for any company just for free. Right? Suddenly we would be seen raising issues to the HR demanding our rights. But what about those who just out of selfless love take care of the house? Make home out of a mere house of bricks? Don’t they deserve to be paid if not by money, by love?

In fact if you have noticed, at times of tricky situations it is always the women(it can be your mom, wife, sister or friend) who provide you the best suggestions to deal with it. Is there something they can’t do? Well there is. They can’t say No. Such big is their heart.

All my love goes out to those who make this world so much better place to live in. Salute to their patience. Salute to their ability to tackle any/all the situations. Salute to their ever smiling faces . Salute to them for their warm hugs. Salute to the super-woman’s in our lives.

Have you met your superwomen yet? Or are you a superwomen yourself. Don’t you think they deserve all the applauds. If yes then go thank them today. They don’t expect much. Just a token of love is enough for them. ♥

Do you have any incident to share where you asked your husband, dad, friend or as a mater of fact anybody for help but that just increased your task. It would be fun to know how you dealt with it.

PS : I love you mom. ❤

Feel free to share this if you liked it. You can connect with me on Instagram: @alwaysmissbindas~ Head Full Of Dreams ♥ and Twitter : Missbindas

1. Fariha says:

It happens with me all the time, if in case (rare case) I ask my husband for help- he surely lends me support BUT it ends up with another task that I need to take care of – disastrous mess all around 😂

1. Haha I can already imagine. 😂 Maybe that’s why they mess up. So we won’t ask for their help again.

1. Fariha says:

Yeah…I guess that there defense to escape any work further.

2. Absolutely! Some men do that.

1. Good to get the acknowledgement 😀

I know this notion far too well! I don’t get hubby, or kids, to do something I need done. It’s much easier to do it myself rather than have to explain precisely how to do the task, even then it’ll probably be wrong or half done! X

1. It definitely is easier when you do your work on your own. Even I don’t like to make someone understand and then get it done. However if I ever wanted a glass of water I would definitely ask(read order) my elder sister for it😂

3. Chris.Lemos says:

My mom does this to my sister and me, specially when she is baking her special cake!

1. So do you guys end up helping her or are you the tasters? 😀

1. Chris.Lemos says:

Tasters and also mess makers.. hahaha

1. I can totally get that 😂

4. Auroraboros says:

I cannot agree with your post quite strongly enough. As a male raised by a single mother, I have an immense respect for the fortitude of women. I am surrounded daily by “superwomen”; the majority of my close friends and colleagues are female, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have often gone to them for advice, or have been given it without asking, and I am eternally grateful for the wisdom I have been provided. I am also glad to have the frame of mind that I do, where I am able to openly exchange ideas and sentiments without judgement, allowing for a healthy, respectful dialogue and sharing of responsibility.

All said and done, I love and respect all of the incredible women in my life who have helped to make me the man I am today. Couldn’t have done it without them.

1. It’s so good to know that you reciprocate the same thoughts and feelings. Respect and love is something they deserve and me must give them that. I cannot imagine what we would do without them. 🙂

5. So funny!! But your mom asked your dad to set the table, not to make dinner. So your dad’s fault was not to give everyone folks and knives for the apple 😂.
    I also think men are super intelligent as they mess up one thing women ask them to do and from then on, they will never need to do it again. 😂🤣

1. Haha, I guess you’re right. Dad was just supposed to set up the table but then he told my sleepy mom that he would take care of everything. LOL He took it too seriously.
      They are intelligent. Couldn’t agree more. Finding out ways to get away from work.

6. Iriowen says:

If I want a perfect job, I always do it myself. Rather than getting upset over a messy job done by someone else. 😁

1. Same here. Can only trust myself in this😂

1. Iriowen says:

Totally true!😊

7. Oh we didn’t have this issue. My husband is a whiz in the kitchen! He was so bummed his facility stopped offering chef classes.

1. You’re the lucky one my friend ☺️

Haha. This makes me smile. I consider my mom as a superwoman. I bet your mom too. 😊

1. Yesss I guess they all are superwoman 🤗

Oh yeah, or wonderwoman ey? 🤗

1. They can be anything you know. Wonder… Super… Hyper 😂

Cat? 😂

1. Haha anything is possible my friend 😂 better have the nails cut of the cat though. You never know🙈

Hahah. You are so funny. Love your sense of humor 😊

1. And I love it when you laugh at my jokes 😀 oh BTW you yourself are impeccable too!!! ☺️

Thanks. High five 👋

9. Moms are the best cook … 🙂

1. Yes they are ❤️

10. Haven’t met my super woman, but I believe I will one day, in the meantime I always thank my mom. Women deserve so much respect and understanding. Stay awesome

1. There you go. You have met your superwoman already. I am sure your mom is one☺️

11. Anne J. says:

Superwoman… ahh! I have a section in my book entitled that! I realized I’m better off not even trying. It would help if I had super power. 😁😛
    My father is a better cook than mom. Hubby is a better cook than me. But they make a huge mess in the kitchen! 😂

1. If only the would have the skills to keep the kitchen clean. It would have been perfect no😀 I think you already have super power. I am sure you clean up the mess that your dad and hubby creates😂

1. Anne J. says:

Haha! The curse of the OCD control and neat freak! Hahaha!

1. Haha I can totally get it😂

1. Anne J. says:

Ah, I’m happy to see I have company. 😃❤

1. Yess you sure have 😀

12. Winnie says:

Haha! Your father has a sense of humor.

1. He sure does. But my mom didn’t approve it the other day 😂

13. Shobha Iyer says:

Awesome post;
    shall reblog it !!

1. Thank you so much for appreciating and re-blogging. Gives me such a boost. ☺️

1. Shobha Iyer says:

Most Welcome dear..
        All your posts are very inspiring

1. Thank you for the encouragement 🙂

14. Some of my help is cleaning, cutting onions, getting grocery, giving milk to kids.

1. And you do that without increasing someone’s work? Great ☺️

15. This was a nice read! Thanks to my mom and all the hardworking women out there!😊

1. So glad you liked it and feel the same🙂

16. masercot says:

At a certain point in my marriage, I (I’m a man) did the cooking on the weekends and holidays. It just kind of evolved that way. Thanksgiving dinner was assigned to me after my ex-wife asked me if I thought I could do better. With my current tiny kitchen, it takes a day and a half to make that dinner, but it is always worth it…

1. That’s really great to know that you can take care of yourself and actively participated in helping your family. That makes you a superman too. ☺️

1. masercot says:

Well, I AM weakened by kryptonite…

1. That is supposed to be a secret!!!

1. masercot says:

As long as Lex Luthor isn’t one of your followers, I think we’re good…

1. You’re in good luck it seems .

17. Love this!! Go mothers everywhere x

1. Thank you so much 🙂

18. Beauty Vambe says:

Happy women’s day. Your dad is funny 😁

1. Happy Women’s day to you too.😍
      Haha yes! he sure is 😂

A great post! When I ask hubby to do something, he makes the kids do it instead! So I’d rather do it myself… ❤

1. Haha I can totally imagine the scenario 😂

20. A beautiful post on Women’s Day. All the women in my life are superwomen – and all the adjectives and superlatives will fall short in describing them

1. Thank you 😊 We really are surrounded and superwomen and supermen too 😍

1. That is so true. Thank you for your lovely comment

I’m glad you reblogged, because it seems like I missed it the first time around.
    Beautifully written. And your dad seems to be a hilarious guy.

1. Haha, he is indeed a hilarious guy 😁 Thank you so much. I am glad you liked it.

I find it easier, better, safer and more convenient doing things by myself haha!

And superwoman? My Mom!!! Definitely! Supermom, Superwoman! 🙂