Travelogue : Hampi Through My Eyes 👁️👁️

I recently traveled to Hampi and I must say I didn’t expect to fall in love with the place so much. It was a perfect road trip(I kept eating while driving as I like to keep myself busy) . I was planning on doing a Travel blog since like forever, but it required proper dedication and time as I wanted to do justice to this beauty. I managed to get some time to myself today. You will know how, at the end of this blog.

Lights, Camera, Action !!!

Hampi is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in east-Central Karnataka, India. It is a archaeological site and one needs to be prepared to walk a lot and by lot I mean A LOT!!! If luck is by your side, it won’t be a sunny day and you would love the climate. However, God always plans to test my strength and I had a perfect sunny day by my side(Too sunny and let me set this straight once and for all, I don’t quite like the sun) I was prepared to faint(which I din’t to my surprise.) I actually loved every bit of it . The place was mesmerizing and for once I wasn’t so self obsessed (Err not exactly, I did buy a big hat to protect myself from the sun. It’s a love-hate relationship that we share). 🙂

Without taking much of your time, I have decided to tell my journey in the form of Picture Story and let you guys decide whether Hampi deserves all the accolades or not.
PS : Do read the captions for each picture.

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-13 at 1.34.51 PM
You will find Palm Trees as your companion while travelling to Hampi. The greenery is always a delight to the eyes ❤
WhatsApp Image 2018-03-13 at 1.34.16 PM
Once you reach, you will find the rich heritage casting a magical spell on you!!!
WhatsApp Image 2018-03-13 at 1.32.29 PM
I lost the count of the stairs but then you wouldn’t mind it. I believe if I could do it then anybody can!!!
WhatsApp Image 2018-03-13 at 1.33.00 PM
River Rafting if you’re the adventurous kind. This particular spot was the perfect place for finding your inner peace.
WhatsApp Image 2018-03-13 at 1.33.33 PM
Once you enter the site, you can make your own stories of what actually might have happened here years back. For me it looked like the dancing palace (from inside).
shutterstock-Hampi
This is the view that you would get from the top of the hill(which you just climbed with me)
WhatsApp Image 2018-03-13 at 1.32.29 PM (3)
The Sun Finally decides to set. I love him for that ❤
WhatsApp Image 2018-03-13 at 1.32.29 PM (4)
Because I was Happy from all the travelling. It was a bit exhausting but totally worth it. The sleep you get after a hectic day is the most amazing feeling.

I felt refreshed after this trip. I believe to live life to the fullest, one must keep travelling. For one thing, travelling will help you find more about yourself. In this trip I discovered I can survive the sun. LOL!!!

Let me know if you overcame your fear of something in any of your trips. I would love to know if you have any vibrant memory of the same . I am all ears!!! (actually eyes would be more apt) 😀

PS: As promised, the reason I got some time for myself is that I am down with fever and actually had to take a day off from office today. If you have read my previous Blog : When Gods Comic Timing is Better Than Yours you would know what started as a joke turned into reality. SIGH!!!

It looks like an amazing place, might have to visit next time I’m in India… Hope your on the road to recovery. X

1. Hey, Have you been to India before? The next time you plan, I will recommend you a few places that are a must visit ☺️

Last time was before my kids – 14 years! But before that I used to come every year. I’ve seen a lot of the hillsides – shimla, khulu, manali etc. Can’t wait to take the kids over… X

1. Wow.. So I guess you love hill stations 🙂 They all are beautiful places. You can give Darjeeling and Sikkim also a try if you haven’t already been there.

2. Neemat says:

Good for you, knowing places

1. Yes, it is thrilling 🙂 Thank you

3. This makes me want to go to Hampi right now ❤😩

1. Pack your bags. Time to travel. 😀

1. My exams are right under my nose but I will surely will try to go in my vacay. 😅❤

1. Good choice. All the best with your exams for now👍☺️

4. wanderingtheworldandwondering says:

Me and my boyfriend are planning to travel for a year and a half continuously, and we’re currently looking at India! Hampi has already made it onto our list, but your post has made me want to go right now! 🙂

1. Wow!!! A year and a half. That sounds tempting. What all places are you planning to visit in India? I am glad I could help you a little. Would love to recommend few places, in case you need any help. Let me know ❤

1. wanderingtheworldandwondering says:

Thanks for your reply, any recommendations would be great! So far we have said: Srinigar, Amritsar, Agra, Dehli, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Udaipur, maybe Mumbai and somewhere in Goa. We’re planning to work our way down India coming in from Nepal and out to Sri Lanka. But we’re still researching at the moment – any suggestions? 🙂

1. I am glad that you have got most of the places covered and they all are like awesome. Varanasi is a great tourist attraction too.Do you like hill stations? If yes then do visit Darjeeling or Sikkim. You will fall in love with those places too. From the southern side of India, after Goa maybe you can visit Munnar, Kerala too.The List is endless. Let me know what you decide finally . I would be more than happy to help you guys 🙂 Oh, also , if you’re in Srinagar or Kerala ,do opt for houseboats. You will love the stay there. >3

1. wanderingtheworldandwondering says:

I will definitely discuss these with my boyfriend this weekend! 😀 thankyou so much. I’ll let you know what we decide. Plus I’m planning to blog our trip anyway 🙂

1. Yes do blog for sure. Now I am as much excited as probably you both are😀

1. I can’t believe my eyes🙈Thank you❤️

No problem… I await your answers. X

5. Hampi looks absolutely gorgeous especially the river rafting spot, I loved this post and your pictures looked amazing!! ✨

1. Yes, that is one of the best thing there. The view is just on point. Thank you for appreciating the pictures 🙂

6. gaygalpal says:

Hampi looks so beautiful!! I’ve never been to India! A great read, thanks for the post 😀

1. Do come to India. And when you plan to, let me know. I will help you decide where to visit. You will love it 😀

7. Wow, looks like a stunning place. Definitely going on the list of must visit! Thank you for sharing this! 🙂

1. Glad you liked it. Yes it is a great place. Must visit if you like ancient history. Will be sharing some more travelogues. Stay tuned😊

8. Quirky Kay says:

Hi, I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Great work.Kay x

1. Hey Woww. Thank you so much. This just motivates me more ❤️

1. Quirky Kay says:

No problem at all – great work. You deserve it x

1. Thank you and congrats to you too❤️

9. Thanks for sharing. It looks beautiful! Will put it on my list too 😉

1. Please do so and whenever you get a chance to visit Hampi do let me know 🙂 Thanks for stopping by. ❤️

1. Hi MissteriosoDas,
        I just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You’ve done a great job!

1. I can’t believe yet again. Thank you so much for nominating me. It means a lot❤️ and hey congrats. Well deserved 🙂

1. My pleasure and you earned it! 🙂

1. Feels so good ☺️

10. SeekingSammy says:

Such lovely photos! Looks like an amazing trip 🙂

1. True, It was amazing. You will love it if you love going on road trips. Thank you for stopping by🤗

11. Beautiful and these photos are AMAZING!!!!!!!! 🙂

1. Thank you and yes the place is so amazing that the pictures came out good:-)

12. TechFlax says:

Beautiful photos

13. Equipping says:

Thanks for following my blog; you are very kind.

1. Hey, same to you. I am glad I came by your blog. I hope you have as much fun visiting my blog as I had while visiting yours 🙂

1. Equipping says:

Most definitely. Please keep up your good work.

1. Thank you so much. Means a lot 🙂

1. Equipping says:

You are very welcome. Please have a very good day

14. pinkpeeli says:

Wow.🌼.I felt like I too was traveling when I read this travelogue..And the idea of reaching it to readers with photos is brilliant ❤

1. Thank you so much. I find it appealing too. Sometimes pictures can do more justice than words. So glad you liked it ❤️

15. Equipping says:

Thanks for being such a good blog friend. You are very kind.

1. Equipping says:

Thank you very much.

16. Beautiful photos! 💯

1. Thank you so much for appreciating 🙂

17. John says:

Thank you for following my photo blog, I appreciate that! Your photos and locations are beautiful. 😎🌴🌵

1. So glad you liked it. You have amazing photos in your blog too. 🙂

1. Yes truly it is Heavenly. ☺️

1. Thank you for appreciating ☺️

18. ladyfi says:

Wonderful shots. Looks like a really lovely place.

1. It definitely is a lovely place. Adventurous yet peaceful ☺️

19. Vyvian Chacon says:

Wow, amazing and interesting places. I wish I could have the means to travel.

1. It is an amazing place. When you do have time, consider it 😔

1. Vyvian Chacon says:

I definitely will consider it.

1. Thank you for stopping by🤗

1. Vyvian Chacon says:

You’re welcome

20. The place is beautiful. It looks relaxing as well. I’m not too fond of the sun. I tried to avoid it as much as I can.

1. I hate the sun too. I somehow managed this because the place was so beautiful. Else I am also a “No I am not going out in Sun” girl ☺️

21. Equipping says:

Thanks for being such a good blog friend. It has been a long week of sharing the events of Passion Week: I haven’t been able to thank all of the people that follow my blog, and show likes on my posts. Please keep up your good work, and may God richly bless you.

22. Nomadosauras says:

Beautifully presented! I haven’t been to Hampi as yet but love it to bits! Your post just strengthened my resolve to visit it real soon! 🙂
    And yes, I overcame my fear of heights, Acrophobia, during a trip back in 2011. During my childhood, I was scared of bridges (all the bridges- no matter how safe/wide/sturdy) cos it’d take me higher than the ground! 😀
    And then in 2011, I went to a hill station with two of my best friends and for the first time in my life, I stood right at the edge of the mountain and didn’t flinch. There’s been no looking back ever since and 45 treks and 30 mountains later, I am still reaping the rewards of that one trip 🙂 I don’t know what it was but I came to grips with my fear that day in 2011. Maybe it was the friendship. 🙂
    Cheers and keep travelling!
    P.S I know this post is over a month old but I hope you recovered soon enough! 🙂

1. I am so glad you liked the place. Also, really in awe that you overcame your fear of heights like it was no big deal. Maybe it was the friendship effect but whatever it was, you had to do it yourself and you did it. That’s commendable 😀 For many more treks to be added on your list. Cheers!!!
      Yes I sure did. The nature helped me🤗

1. Nomadosauras says:

Nature always helps 🙂

23. Keep functioning ,remarkable job!