The Shortest Horror Story Of My Life

Ever happened to you? It’s weekend. The weekend you had been looking forward to ever since Monday showed up(the dare it has got to show its face every now and then). You’re relaxing in your home. Wearing pajamas, a book by your side. Your Dog is the only companion you could ask for. Maybe something to sip and junk food to gobble up. You’re perfectly fine with this lone time and while people may call you boring and non happening, you’re perfectly fine with this peace around you.

You’re doing great and just as you’re lazing around, someone rings the BELL!!! Your mind starts its calculations who might it be. If (a + b)2 = a2 + 2ab + b2 and a2 + b2 = (a + b)2 − 2ab then it might be the neighbours asking for some sugar and they might leave if I just give them the sugar. But what if √x, √y are quadratic surds and if a + √x = √y, then a = 0 and x = y then it might be my mother’s sisters grand daughters local guardians coming to just eat my head. I am now petrified. All these calculations just made things worse because you actually don’t know what the hell are you even calculating!!! 💁

So I tip toe to the front door and see through the peep hole. Heart beats fast. I take a long breathe and see finally who it is. I heave a sigh of relief. Hahhh!!! It’s just the pizza delivery guy. I feel bad now, in between all those calculations I forgot I had ordered Pizza. The pizza looks at me dismayed. I kiss the Pizza and gobble it up to show I still love it.

The sweat from my forehead is now gone and I go back to my comfort zone hoping no one bothers me unless I demand of 😎

Lesson learnt: The guests in our real life can be somehow avoided by hiding in your house. But the inevitable guest Monday will come back again and again. And you cannot save yourself from it’s grip.

What’s your escape plans for this weekend. Let me know 😀

1. Sadah says:

This is nice.

1. Sadah says:

Would you like to share your content on our open publishing platform?

1. I would love to 🙂

1. Sadah says:

Great. Please visit Ascerblog.xyz and register yourself. Post that, you can start sharing your content.

2. goodnessofbooks says:

Been there, Done the same 🙂 🙂

Amazing! Fantastically written, you really had me wondering who it was going to be. Lol! My mind does the same when my door bell rings…
    I’m escaping to see my mum this weekend, it’s mother’s day. X

1. Glad I could scare you a little 😂 Although I am sure you won’t be able to escape your mum too!!! They have magnetic effect 😂

Lol! Yes, love my Mum to bits so glad that force is so strong… X

1. She must feel lucky to have you. You’re an amazing daughter and mum too. But then we often get traits from our mum. So your mum is the real hero here 😉 Enjoy your day💞

Thats so sweet! Thank u… X

4. This is the first time i’ve read a blog post and laughed out loud to myself! Love your writing style! I love me – time and would choose it over social outings anyday!

1. Glad that the blog could serve its purpose. Anything for some me-time 😂

5. Prachi Mittal says:

Been there, done that! Infact it happens always.

1. Haha.. Good to know I am not the only one having such thoughts😂

6. millidiary says:

Haha.. too good!!! Me-time is always welcomed…… Its inspiring to know that even simple events in our life can have so much depth!!!!

1. So glad you could relate with this 😀 I think everyone should have some Me time in there life. 😊

7. srijan says:

Hello! I hope you’re well! And don’t work too hard! I liked it when you like posted often if not everyday!

1. Hey! I am fine and it seems you’re back from your break too. Good to know that. Thanks for the motivation. I will try to be more active here. ☺️

1. srijan says:

Hey! Fine is never really fine! Um I also had something to tell you!

1. But sometimes fine is really fine 😂

1. srijan says:

I see! But well, I read your words, and i sense pain in your words! I know, you still haven’t healed! Just take care of yourself! You’re beautiful!